Girl, born June 2007
Gabi has been diagnosed with Down syndrome. She loves attending the pre-school at the orphanage, but she has struggled with learning basic concepts such as numbers, letters, etc. However, with more one-on-one instruction, it is believed that she can and will learn.
Gabi is well-liked by the other children at the orphanage. She is also a favorite of visitors who come to visit. Gabi can sometimes come across too strongly in her attempts to get attention, but she truly is a delightful little girl!
- Multiple unrelated children can be adopted together
- One parent must be at least 35 years old
- Parents must be married at least 10 years (or if close, prove they have known each other 10 years)
- The number of children can depend on other factors (marriage and parent age)
- Singles may currently adopt
- Past depression is OK, but must explain the circumstances and past and/or current treatment.
- If a criminal history/background, must be explained in detail.
- Travel is not required; however, it is strongly encouraged
- Travel for pick-up is also not required, but strongly encouraged. Escorts can be provided, for an extra cost. The trip for pick-up is usually about a week long, so you and the child could get to know each other well in their environment.