- Families may not adopt two unrelated children
- Both parents must be at least 30 years of age at the time of dossier submission.
- There can be up to 50-year age difference between the child and the younger spouse.
- Couples must be married at least 2 years at the time of dossier submission.
- If either spouse has two divorces, the minimum length for the current marriage is 5 years.
- Cohabitation can be included in the total length of relationship.
- No more than two divorces per spouse.
- Families can have up to 5 children under the age of 18 in the home.
- The youngest child must be at least 3 years of age at the time of dossier submission.
- Only single women may apply.
- Single applicants must be at least 30 years of age at the time of dossier submission.
- There can be up to a 50-year age difference between the child and the applicant.
- For single women, there can be up to two children under the age of 18 in the home, and the youngest child must be at least 3 at the time of dossier submission.
- The minimum annual income is $30,000 plus $10,000 for each child currently in the home.
- The minimum net worth for singles is $100,000.
- There are additional requirements for single applicants who live with a male partner.
- At least one parent is required to travel to China, although travel by both parents is strongly encouraged.
- The average trip length is 14 days. process takes about 12-24 months from application to placement depending on age and special needs China requires minimum annual income of $30,000 plus $10,000 for each child currently in the home, and net worth of $80,000 for couples and $100,000 for singles.
- Body mass index (BMI) cannot exceed 40 for each applicant.
- If one spouse is healthy, China is open to a chronic well-controlled medical condition in
- the other spouse. For skin, thyroid, breast or testicular cancer, the applicant must be cancer free for at least 3 years. For other types of cancer, the applicant must be cancer free for at least 5 years. China is open to one or both applicants with a well-controlled mental health condition, such as anxiety or depression, with a positive mental health letter.
- For families coming back into process, the soonest they can submit an LOI for another child is 6 months after the registration date of the initial adoption. The soonest a family can submit a dossier for another adoption (whether matched or not) is 12 months after the last adoption was registered.
Eastern Europe 6
- Heterosexual married couples and single women
- Ages of adoptive parents flexible
- No more than 5 children in the home
- Children available between age 1-13
- Adoption completed 9-10 months after referral acceptance
- One trip (15-21 days)
- Adoptive parents should have no history of adoption disruption or loss of parental rights
No history of mental health conditions, addiction, or infectious diseases
- Adoptive parents should have no criminal history
- Paperwork would need to be submitted to the country to obtain more information on a child
- Total cost estimate is approx $28,000
- Parents must be 25 years old and no more than 45 years older than child
- Preference is given to heterosexual married couples. Must be married a minimum of 3 years.
- Heterosexual single women and men accepted, although wait is longer
- Parents must be healthy, both physically and mentally
- Totally clean criminal background
- Total average travel 8 weeks; one parent can return home after 30 days
- Full medical and social info available
- EASY travel, both parents for one trip (5-7 days)
- Families are encouraged to travel, but escorting is available
- Parents must be at least 25 years old
- Married couples and singles
- Couples married at least 3 years for first marriage
- Mental health/depression history considered case by case
- Relatively low cost – generally estimated around $16,000 to $18,000
Information coming soon; Currently open to Canadians
- Heterosexual married couples and single women may adopt
- Sibling groups and multiple unrelated children can be adopted together
- Adoption process approx 8-12 months
- Three trips – both parents need to travel for trip one
- Trip one is 10-15 days
- Trip two – about 6-8 weeks after trip one, for court
- Trip three – about 6-8 weeks after trip two, 7-10 days long
- Total estimated cost is $43,000
- Adoptive parents must be at least 18 years older than the child
- Adoptive parents should not be more than 50 years of age. Exception can be made if parent is in good health and one spouse is under age 50.
- Heterosexual married couples only (married at least 2 1/2 years)
- Prospective parents should have no history of mental health conditions or infectious diseases
- Agency requires family to be of the Christian faith, LDS is not accepted
- Lithuanian Central Authority prefers the adopted child to be the youngest in the family but it is not a requirement.
- 1, 2, or 3 trips required. Depends on court verdict issued by judge (Many families have been able to do in one trip!)
- First trip is about 8-10 days in country and both parents must travel. One or both parents are required to stay about 10 days after court IF the judge issues an immediate court decision.
- Second trip (if required) is about 10 days in country and only one parent needs to travel
- Total costs estimated around $30,000
CANADIAN FAMILIES WELCOME!
- Single women or heterosexual married couples, age 25-55
- Couples must be married 2 1/2 years
- Both parents, one trip of 4 weeks
- After the adoption finalization and new birth certificate, one parent can go home early (about 2.5-3 weeks); one parent remains for final visa exit interview and new passport
- Approx 9-12 months from dossier submission to travel
- No set restriction on family size
- Parents with mild mental health history may be considered on a case by case basis
- Two unrelated children in the same orphanage can be adopted together
- The agency seeks Christian adoptive parents
- Total cost approx $27,000 (additional child, add about $5000)
Polish adoptions are now limited to these 4 categories:
- intra-family intercountry adoption
- intercountry adoption to reunite a child with his/her previously adopted siblings;
- intercountry adoption of a child in exceptional life or health situations when local authorities are unable to find permanent or temporary domestic placements, such as foster care; OR
- intercountry adoption by Polish citizens living abroad.
- Heterosexual married couples and single women can adopt
- Parents may be no more than 40 years older than child
- One adoption center only allows Catholic families; non-Catholics are permitted by others
- No income requirement other than USCIS
No family size restrictions, although preference may be given to families with no other children
Approx 6 weeks travel time; one parent may return to US after 3 weeks
- Total cost estimated approx $30,000+
- Applications are encouraged from single men and single women, LGBTQ families, heterosexual married and unmarried couples
- Parents under age 48 preferred at the time of dossier submission
- Expected wait time from dossier submission to referral: 18-24 months
- Travel occurs approximately 3-5 months after acceptance of referral
- One trip required of approximately 4 weeks
- Estimated total costs approx $30,000
- Full medical and social info available
- EASY travel – final trip is both parents for approx a week. The judge may request an additional trip prior, for court.
- No more than 3 or 5 children at home (different agencies in country have different requirements)
- Heterosexual married couples only, must be married 2 years
- Only one previous divorce allowed per adoptive parent
- Parents should be 25-50 years of age and in good health
- Fees vary greatly, $27-40,000 plus travel (adoption of children with special needs tends to be on the lower end of that estimate)
- Heterosexual married couples only
- Married Individual adoption available for those who qualify
- No stated family size restrictions
- As of late 2011, there’s no longer an upper age limit for parents
- At least one parent must be a minimum of 15 years older than the child
- Total with travel approx $35,000
- First trip, 2-4 weeks to attend court
- 30 day wait after court (parents can return home)
- Only one parent must return to complete the adoption for approx 14 days
- No current diagnosed history of mental health conditions or certain infectious diseases
- No criminal history
- May adopt multiple unrelated children
- This is a very fast program! Start to finish is an average of 8-12 months. Families committing to children in this program, especially the children at risk of the institution, should be in a financial position to complete the adoption quickly. It is a blessing to be able to adopt so quickly, but leaves little time for major fundraising efforts.
CANADIAN FAMILIES WELCOME!
WHO WE ARE
HOW TO ADOPT
WHAT WE DO
OTHER WAYS TO SUPPORT RR
RR Annual Family Reunion