- Families may not adopt two unrelated children
- Both parents must be at least 30 years of age at the time of dossier submission.
- There can be up to 50-year age difference between the child and the younger spouse.
- Couples must be married at least 2 years at the time of dossier submission.
- If either spouse has two divorces, the minimum length for the current marriage is 5 years.
- No more than two divorces per spouse.
- Families can have up to 5 children under the age of 18 in the home.
- The youngest child must be at least 3 years of age at the time of dossier submission.
- Only single women may apply; must be at least 30 years of age at the time of dossier submission.
- There can be up to a 50-year age difference between the child and the applicant.
- For single women, there can be up to two children under the age of 18 in the home, and the youngest child must be at least 3 at the time of dossier submission.
- The minimum annual income is $30,000 plus $10,000 for each child currently in the home.
- The minimum net worth for singles is $100,000.
- There are additional requirements for single applicants who live with a male partner.
- At least one parent is required to travel to China, although travel by both parents is strongly encouraged.
- The average trip length is 14 days. process takes about 12-24 months from application to placement depending on age and special needs
- China requires minimum annual income of $30,000 plus $10,000 for each child currently in the home, and net worth of $80,000 for couples and $100,000 for singles.
- Body mass index (BMI) cannot exceed 40 for each applicant.
- If one spouse is healthy, China is open to a chronic well-controlled medical condition in the other spouse. For skin, thyroid, breast or testicular cancer, the applicant must be cancer free for at least 3 years. For other types of cancer, the applicant must be cancer free for at least 5 years. China is open to one or both applicants with a well-controlled mental health condition, such as anxiety or depression, with a positive mental health letter.
- For families coming back into process, the soonest they can submit an LOI for another child is 6 months after the registration date of the initial adoption. The soonest a family can submit a dossier for another adoption (whether matched or not) is 12 months after the last adoption was registered.
Eastern Europe 6
- Heterosexual married couples and single women
- Ages of adoptive parents flexible
- No more than 5 children in the home
- Children available between age 1-13
- Adoption completed 9-10 months after referral acceptance
- One trip (15-21 days)
- Adoptive parents should have no history of adoption disruption or loss of parental rights
No history of mental health conditions, addiction, or infectious diseases
- Adoptive parents should have no criminal history
- Paperwork would need to be submitted to the country to obtain more information on a child
- Total cost estimate is approx $40,000
Eastern Europe 8
- Be a married couple for at least 2 ½ years (agency rule)
- Heterosexual married couples and single women may adopt
- Parents must be at least 18 years older than the child (no exceptions)
- Minimum of 25 years of age for parents; no upper age limit at this time
- Three trips are required
- Both parents for approximately 4 weeks for bonding time; stay in a furnished apartment or house with your new child for bonding
- One parent returns for court 2-3 months later (very short trip, 2-3 days)
- Third trip is 6-8 weeks after second; One parent returns for a Sunday-Friday to complete Embassy paperwork
- Children can go home with parents after first trip. They will need to return for the second trip if they are 12 years or older. All children must return for the third trip to get new passport and visa.
- Total cost, including travel approx $30-35,000
- Multiple unrelated children can be adopted
- Parent history of anxiety or depression is usually allowed, if parent is now in good health
Eastern Europe 10
- Parents must be 25 years or older, and 18 years older than child
- Married parents, must be married 2 years minimum
- Single women allowed to adopt
- Must be a home owner
- No criminal history; no history of drug or alcohol abuse
- No significant medical, psychological or psychiatric conditions
- Adoptions can take 2+ years to complete
- Two trips required; first is 2 week bonding trip & second trip is 4-6 weeks. Both parents travel for court, one may leave after court.
- One parent must be at least 30 years old; not over 50 years old
- Heterosexual married couples and single woman may adopt
- Parents must be married at least 5 years
- The number of children at home does not matter. Any child over 8 years old needs to give consent to the adoption as well.
- Singles may currently adopt if 35 years old
- Past depression is OK, but must explain the circumstances and past and/or current treatment
- If a criminal history/background, must be explained in detail
- Estimated cost from commitment to home is $28-32,000
- Travel is required
- Travel for pick-up is about a week
- Heterosexual married couples, must be married a minimum of 2 years
- Single women allowed to adopt; Single men allowed to adopt boys
- Minimum age to adopt is 25, maximum age to adopt is based on parents combined age
- For special needs adoptions, up to three kids in the home is acceptable; four or five children in the home may be okay if adopting an older child or a child with a more significant special need
- Sibling sets are available for adoption; non-related children may not be adopted at the same time
- Average time frame for adoption is approx 12-18 months
- Both parents may be required to travel
- Travel varies by region; some require travel for court. Travel could be a few days, or 3-4 weeks (longer timeframe can be done in two trips)
- Parents should be medically healthy and financially stable; mental health and physical health histories are considered on a case by case basis
- Criminal history will be reviewed on a case by case basis. Any felonies or crimes against children will disqualify families from eligibility.
- Total costs approx $30-35,000updated Jan 2019
- Heterosexual married couples and single women may adopt
- Sibling groups and multiple unrelated children can be adopted together
- Adoption process approx 8-12 months
- Three trips – both parents need to travel for trip one
- Trip one is 10-15 days
- Trip two – about 6-8 weeks after trip one, for court
- Trip three – about 6-8 weeks after trip two, 7-10 days long
- Total estimated cost is $43,000
- Single women or heterosexual married couples, age 25-55
- Couples must be married 2 1/2 years
- Both parents, one trip of 4 weeks
- After the adoption finalization and new birth certificate, one parent can go home early (about 2.5-3 weeks); one parent remains for final visa exit interview and new passport
- Approx 9-12 months from dossier submission to travel
- No set restriction on family size
- Parents with mild mental health history may be considered on a case by case basis
- Two unrelated children in the same orphanage can be adopted together
- The agency seeks Christian adoptive parents
- Total cost approx $27,000 (additional child, add about $5000)
Polish adoptions are limited to these 4 categories:
- intra-family intercountry adoption
- intercountry adoption to reunite a child with his/her previously adopted siblings
- intercountry adoption of a child in exceptional life or health situations when local authorities are unable to find domestic placements (Special Needs)
- intercountry adoption by Polish citizens living abroad
- Heterosexual married couples can adopt
- Single women can adopt one child only
- Parents should be no more than 40 years older than child
- Adoptions are done on a case by case approval basis
- One adoption center only works at this time; only Christian families are permitted to adopt
- No income requirement other than USCIS
No set family size restrictions, although preference given to families with no other children, or grown children
Approx 4-5 weeks travel time; one parent may return to US after court
- Total cost estimated approx $40,000+
Currently closed to US adoptions
- Full medical and social info available
- EASY travel – final trip is both parents for approx a week. The judge may request an additional trip prior, for court.
- No more than 3 or 5 children at home (different agencies in country have different requirements)
- Heterosexual married couples, must be married 2 years
- Only one previous divorce allowed per adoptive parent
- Parents should be 25-50 years of age and in good health
- Fees vary greatly, $27-40,000 plus travel (adoption of children with special needs tends to be on the lower end of that estimate)
- Heterosexual married couples only
- Married Individual adoption available for those who qualify
- No stated family size restrictions
- As of late 2011, there’s no longer an upper age limit for parents
- At least one parent must be a minimum of 15 years older than the child
- Total with travel approx $35,000
- Two to three trips total
- First trip, to meet child & accept their official referral
- Second trip, for court
- 30 day wait after court; parents can return home during wait
- Only one parent must return to complete the adoption after the wait
- No current diagnosed history of mental health conditions or certain infectious diseases
- No criminal history
- May adopt multiple unrelated children
- This is a very fast program! Start to finish is an average of 8-12 months. Families committing to children in this program, especially the children at risk of the institution, should be in a financial position to complete the adoption quickly. It is a blessing to be able to adopt so quickly, but leaves little time for major fundraising efforts.
CANADIAN FAMILIES WELCOME!
WHO WE ARE
HOW TO ADOPT
WHAT WE DO
OTHER WAYS TO SUPPORT RR
RR Annual Family Reunion