Other Ways You Can Help
Dear Friends, every day I reflect on the words of James 1:27,
- Purchase t-shirts and other gifts from the Reece’s Rainbow STORE!
- Shop through iGive at over 650 online stores to earn corporate donations for Reece’s Rainbow!
- Download GOODSEARCH…every time you search the internet, RR earns donations!
- See if your employer offers a “matching gift” program. If so, donate through them and double your gift!
- Purchase books about Down syndrome and international adoption from our Amazon collection and earn a certain percentage donated by Amazon to our Waiting Child Grant Fund.
- Purchase Reece’s Rainbow business cards and brochures, so you can share our organization with others
- Help raise funds through friends, family, church and community This includes yard sales! Remember, all donations are tax deductible!
- Become a PRAYER WARRIOR
- Ask guests to your childrens’ birthday parties to make donations to Reece’s Rainbow in lieu of bringing traditional gifts. This is a HOT TREND these days! Remind folks that their contribution is tax deductible!
- Remember Reece’s Rainbow in your will/estate planning.
- Sponsor a child through our annual Christmas Angel Tree project
- Consider adopting a child with “UP syndrome” yourself!
(For donors who are making large contributions (more than $500), please try to send a personal check or cashier’s check IF POSSIBLE. This saves Reece’s Rainbow the Paypal fees that would come out of your donation if you choose to send it that way.)
PO Box 277
Monrovia, MD 21770
In my mind, there are many ways to achieve this “commandment” we are given by God. Adopting is one of them. Facilitating adoption is another one. Sending humanitarian aid is another one. Raising awareness of the overwhelming number of special needs children available for adoption is another.
By raising money to offer financial assistance, YOU are able to give adoptive families the extra financial help they need to bring a child with Down syndrome home from a miserable existence in overseas orphanages. These children are viewed as outcasts with no ability to learn or be functional members of society. They languish in mental institutions, hidden away from the world in shame. If you have a child of your own with Down syndrome, or know a person with Down syndrome, ask yourself if it would be OK if YOUR CHILD or friend or family member was left for dead and treated as a worthless waste of oxygen? That is the reality in countless countries in the 21st century. STILL.
Your donation to a child’s grant fund can be the difference between whether a family can adopt or not. Your sponsorship of an orphan already matched with a family brings that child one step closer in a precarious journey home.
Even if you are not able to adopt a child at this time, you truly can change the course of a child’s life by helping adoptive families afford the costs of international adoption. $20, $50, $1000….whatever you have goes into an interest-bearing fund for ANY family adopting a child with Down syndrome.
Our Tax ID # is 20-5466141