Miracle of Adoption Christmas Campaign
Our Miracle of Adoption Christmas Campaign (formerly called our Angel Tree Project) is our biggest and most important fundraiser of the year. This year, we are asking our advocates/warriors to choose their own child! The first (100) children chosen, of any diagnosis, under the age of 10, will be given a valuable place on our MACC page.
They will be posted on one page for people to sponsor and donate towards their adoption grants. Donor names are not provided to Miracle Makers, if you have any questions regarding donations, please email Michelle. It runs from November 1- December 31, 2016
NEW for 2016:
- After lengthy discussion and input from the community, what used to be our Angel Tree is being renamed the “Miracle of Adoption Christmas Campaign”. This more accurately reflects what we do!
- Warrior signups run September 15 – October 15.
- THIS year, instead of the leadership team determining the eligible kids for the “tree”, we leave that to you.
The first (100) children submitted by their individual warriors (under the age of 10, any diagnosis), will have a spot on the “tree”.
- The financial goal is still the same, reaching $1000 or more between Nov 1-Dec 31.
- This year, the ornament situation is a little different. This year, donations over $50 receive a FREE ornament! Any donation of $25 or more donors can opt to purchase an ornament for $5. If people want additional ornaments of the same child they can purchase as many as they want for $5 each. These ornaments make fabulous gifts for your friends, family, and fellow Down syndrome advocates, while providing a life-saving gift for the child who is in desperate need of a “forever family” of their own.
- The “tree” page where the kids are listed will be set up for easy ordering. 10% still goes to VOH.
- Join our MACC Facebook group for fellowship and creative ideas on ways to best advocate and fundraise for your child!
- Event sponsorship & advertising space is available for our MACC page!! Businesses can have prime advertising space on that page, which sees close to 10,000 hits a DAY during MACC season.
When you sign up to be a Christmas Warrior for your child, you are working towards the goal of raising $1000 or more for YOUR CHILD.
Even if you don’t have a cent of your own to donate, your willingness to reach out to other people is all that matters!
This year, the first 100 children* chosen with a committed Miracle Maker will be on our Miracle of Adoption Christmas Campaign.
* Choose any child with any diagnosis under the age of 10 (must have a donation button on their page).
- BUDDY WALKS!
- Traditional e-mails to family and friends
- Local Down Syndrome Associations
- Use a Christmas Card Challenge!
- Do a Stocking Stuffer Surprise for your own children
- Christmas/ New Year Giving Parties
- Spaghetti Dinners
- High school or college civic group donations
- Coordinate a 5K run or other group activity through our “One Step Closer to Home” program
- Reach out to local businesses for support
- Have a bake sale or other church function
- Insert Angel Tree Brochures into one Sunday’s bulletin
- Are you a teacher? Have your class be a warrior for a child!
- Have a video game tournament!
- Give the $1000 yourself!
- The list goes on and on!
Grants from Reece’s Rainbow have made it possible for more than 1600+ children with Down syndrome and other special needs to be adopted in nine years. This has only been done through God’s bountiful blessings and the advocacy efforts of passionate parents and volunteers such as yourself. There are no faith-based restrictions on our grants nor our donations. Sponsors of any nationality or faith are encouraged to give during this important fundraising time.
If you are ready to sign up to be a Miracle Maker, please fill out the form below! Signups open on September 15.
This is not a legal commitment…if you aren’t able to raise $1000, it is the effort that counts. We simply want to make sure that ALL of the children featured have a focused voice of advocacy for them this Christmas. You can still donate to as many children as you want to, and have your own tree full of RR ornaments, but as a Miracle Maker, your main effort is to raise funds for your designated child.
Sign ups open on 15 September, 2016 and close 15 October, 2016 or when 100 children have been chosen.
CLICK HERE IF ON MOBILE PHONE OR TABLET or if the form is not showing or you are having difficulty with it, to go to the original form.
If you are using a cellphone or tablet, click the pink button for a mobile version of the sign up form.
WHO WE ARE
HOW TO ADOPT
WHAT WE DO
21 Days of Hope
Miracle of Adoption Christmas Campaign
Miracle of Adoption Christmas Campaign Information
Miracle of Adoption Christmas Campaign Miracle Makers
Miracle of Adoption Miracle Money