Boy, born February 3, 2007
Down syndrome, heart defect (VSD and ASD, had surgery in April 2007
This precious little boy is 6 years old now.
He LOST his committed family — he has been waiting for SO LONG!
He was living with a foster family following his birth until he was transferred to an institution in September 2007. His house mother reports that he is usually stable and calm and that he always wakes up smiling. He currently receives early education and musical therapy. He also receives physical and speech therapy 4 to 5 times per week and is said to be making great gains in his development. In September 2011 he weighed 23.3lbs and was 37.5in tall. At this time he was noted to be able to kick and jump, dress and undress, stack blocks, indicate his toilet needs, imitate some behavior, brush his teeth, eat from a cup and spoon, and understand some words. His development was noted to be at the 18-20 month level except for speech. This amazing little boy is in need of family who is comfortable with his diagnosis and is able to provide him any therapies or medical care that he may need.
• Both parents must travel.
• Average trip length is 3-5 days (can vary for older children and children with special needs)
• To adopt this child, couples must be 25-44 ½ at time of homestudy submission, if both parents are Korean American up to age 49 ½ at homestudy submission.
• Up to 4 children in the home.
• Applicants must be married at least 3 years and live in one of the following states: AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, HI, IA, KS, KY, MN, MO, MS, MT, ND, NE, NJ, NM, OH, OK, OR, SC, SD, TN, TX, WADC, WV, or WY.
*state requirements may be flexible
Contact Erin for additional information.