Girl, born Sept 2007
Carissa has both physical and mental delays. She participates in horse therapy each week to develop core strength, and she has responded well to that. She is non-verbal and has not shown interest in expressing herself verbally, but she does love individual attention.
Carissa is a happy-go-lucky little girl who loves one-on-one attention. She loves music and will clap along with others. Her bright smile attracts visitors who give her the love that she needs.
- Multiple unrelated children can be adopted together
- One parent must be at least 35 years old
- Parents must be married at least 10 years (or if close, prove they have known each other 10 years)
- The number of children can depend on other factors (marriage and parent age)
- Singles may currently adopt
- Past depression is OK, but must explain the circumstances and past and/or current treatment.
- If a criminal history/background, must be explained in detail.
- Travel is not required; however, it is strongly encouraged
- Travel for pick-up is also not required, but strongly encouraged. Escorts can be provided, for an extra cost. The trip for pick-up is usually about a week long, so you and the child could get to know each other well in their environment.