5-year Reunion/Family Camping Trip
June 9, 2011 marks FIVE YEARS of life-saving impact through Reece's Rainbow. More than 500+ orphaned children with Down syndrome and other special needs, who were hidden away in orphanages and mental institutions around the world, have now found "forever families" in the United States and Canada.
Through the generous donations of private individuals, and of course God's abundant blessings, these children now have the opportunity to grow up in a loving family of their own. Each adoption is a powerful testimony to those orphanage directors, care staff, and officials abroad that these children are WANTED and families will come for them. In only 5 years, we have been able to disburse close to $1.5 MILLION in adoption grants to make these adoptions possible.
In 5 years, we have grown from five children in one orphanage, to more than 700 children in 25 countries around the world. More than HALF of those kids have already found families. The total commitment and belief in this vision by SO many donors, volunteers, facilitators, missionaries, and agency partners has turned Reece's Rainbow into nothing short of a *movement*. Congressional Angel in Adoption, People Magazine Hero of the Year, historic giving during our 2010 Angel Tree…and new steps into serving birth families abroad, building a Youth Initiative to tap into schools, and promoting the dignity of life of babies with Down syndrome domestically as well.
Only God could orchestrate such success.
Five years is an important milestone, so we are finally planning our first ever Reece's Rainbow Family Reunion to celebrate. This is a special opportunity to spend extended time in fellowship with our RR adoptive families.
- June 30- July 6, 2011
- Family Camping event just outside of Cooperstown, NY
- Tent camp, bring your RV, or rent a cabin! (all cabins are booked now)
- If you "just don't camp", there are lots of motels and hotels in the immediate area you could stay at instead. But book SOON, this is a holiday weekend!
- Any and all RR adoptive families are welcome to join us!
- Reece's Rainbow is covering the cost of each family's TENT SITE, plus a wonderful catered meal on Sunday evening. PLEASE JOIN US IF YOU CAN.
Reece's Rainbow will:
2) provide a catered BBQ meal Sunday evening
3) order t-shirts for each of our "colors"
4) cover the cost of a group trip to the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown!
For more details and to sign your family up to join us,
This is a holiday week, so sites are booking up fast. Don't wait! Even if you have never camped before, this will be a wonderful time to visit. You can stay as long or short as you need, and rent a cabin if you prefer.